Autumn Mantel ::: Autumn Inspiration

The mantel seems to be the first place I start to redecorate and spruce up when the seasons change…and I was ready for an autumn mantel!  Do you have a specific spot in your home that is always the first to change when you’re in the mood to fallify?

In a few weeks we will remove the books because it will finally be cool enough to use the fireplace! I can’t wait!

Autumn Mantel 2013

Our favorite pumpkin patch is no more. I almost cried. But, I didn’t.

My favorite pumpkins are heirlooms ….. and my favorite patch always had a wonderful selection of all kinds. They are so hard to find now that I’ve lost my patch! Wooooooe is me. {For someone that used to be afraid of pumpkins…they are very important to me in the autumn, now. Weird.}

Fall Mantel

I did manage to find a few heirlooms and put them together with bundles and bunches of wheat and quince seed pods.

Vases on fall mantel

My antlers were a fun little find at Scott’s Antique Market this summer.

Mantel for Autumn

The apothecary jars are from Target. The vintage tile with a ‘P’ on it is from Belgium. I collect ‘P’, ya know.

The books are from Anthropologie.

Autumn Mantel

The mantel itself is over 200 years old and was a special gift from a local church. =)

You can see all of our mantels through the year here.

So glad fall is here……

Blessings~

signature

Sharing this in these lovely locations……

+ Savvy Southern Style

You Might Also Like:

Comments

1. says

I really love your mantel. It’s the perfect mix of vintage items! Visiting from the hometalk tuesday google+ post. Thanks for the inspiration. (Now I’m going to go tweak my mantel!). ~ Angie

2. says

This a gorgeous Daune! I love mantel ideas, mine has a big mirror that is part of the wall and it is tough to work with. I love getting new ideas though, like you this is the first place I redecorate when the seasons change. I love the book in your fireplace too….so sweet!

• says

Thank you, Heidi! I like to fill the fireplace with vintage books in the spring, summer, and early fall when we are not using it. It keeps it from just being a black hole! ha! =)

3. Patricia Ann says

I enjoy your blog… I always change the wreath on the front door first. It really gets me in the mood to decorate when I come home and see my beautiful creation hanging there.

• says

Thank you so much, Patricia Ann! It’s great to have something lovely to greet you when you get home, isn’t it? =) Hope you are having a wonderful day!

4. says

Love your mantel and the books are wonderful. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing – -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/10/185th-inspire-me-tuesday.html. Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

5. says

It all looks so lovely! I ordered that clock a few weeks ago and can’t wait for it to arrive! We are going to be hanging it over our mantel too. Thanks so much for coming out to The Inspiration Exchnage – pinned this!
    Jenn

• says

Jen…thank you so much! I love the brick in our home…it is reclaimed from an Antebellum home here in the South. Loved that when we bought our cottage many years ago! =) Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!

6. Michelle says

Love the mantel….looks lovely!! I especially love the clock above it!!Where did you ever find it?? I’ve been looking for one for my new house, but I wanted something different than just the run of the mill:)

• says

Hi, Michelle….thanks so much! The clock was a gift from my children, and I think they found it at Pier 1. =) Hope you are having a wonderful day!

7. Jillissa says

Your mantel is darling! I’ve been looking for a clock just like the one you have. Will you please let me know where you got it?

Thank you!!