Summer Front Porch 2013….

It’s my first official front porch pics with my new camera! I’m slowly getting it.

Our front porch is one of our favorite places to be….we eat on it, have quiet times on it, great conversations, problem solve, visit, listen to the birds, contemplate….I’ve said it before: it’s our Therapy Room. =)

Summer Front Porch 2013

I love to see the flag blowing in the summer breeze…..

Flag on Front Porch

Front Porch Ideas

I saw this fun sign last week and replicated it on our chalkboard for the front porch. Here are some fun chalkboard ideas I’ve found lately…..

Front Porch

We keep fun books by the porch swing…usually short ones or lovely ones that are fun to look through while swinging on the swing.

Front porch reading

A vintage chopstick holder from China always holds fresh flowers……

Chinese Chopstick Holder

We eat out here every chance we can. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to enjoy here.

Front porch dining

Summer is here and I am soooooo glad! #pleasedontletitgobytoofast

Cottage Front Porch

We’re off to college orientation today……already beginning the next chapter. Stop the world.

Phew~

signature

Sharing with:  Between Naps on the PorchThrifty Decor ChickFunky Junk InteriorsDIY ShowoffHome Stories A to Z,  Serenity NowSavvy Southern StyleMy Romantic HomeJennifer RizzoUncommon DesignsThe Shabby Creek CottageSetting for FourCedar Hill Ranch

You Might Also Like:

Comments

• says

Oh, yes…..you definitely need a chalkboard! =) They are so fun…we do all kinds of things with ours. Hope you have a great day!

1. says

I can certainly see why you found your home on the pages of a magazine. Wow…what a wonderful porch. It has layers of goodness all over the place. I just love it!

2. says

Where did you find those TALL plant holders???? I love them and could use one too! LOVE your porch, the cchalkboard is a great idea. XO, pinky

• says

Pinky~

We love to go to store fixture sales…and many years ago a Belk Dept. store was selling lots of their display fixtures. These two metal ‘holders’ had hideous paper mache things in them. We just through those away and purchased clay pots to sit down in them….and have used them that way ever since. =) Keep your eye out for fixture sales…there are usually lots of items like this available. Also…you could show an ironsmith the picture and he/she could easily make you one. Have a great night!

3. Iris Brown says

Oh my goodness! Your porch is luring me in with whisperings of scones & tea. Thank you for sharing these pictures!!! Its so inspiring. Absolutely enchanting!

4. Pat says

Hi, I live on an island off the West Coast of Canada and have been searching for ideas how to make my front entry and wraparound porch ‘pop’. I fell in love with your Summer Porch and am incorporating most of the ideas (with credit given to you whenever I’m sharing with friends). I start every morning looking at your summer porch just to ground myself, the rustic natural ambiance is exactly what I want!

• says

Pat…you’ve made my day! =) Thank you! Our porch is our favorite room of our cottage…..we are on it every chance we get. I’m sure yours is coming together nicely….enjoy!

5. says

I love your porch! I’ve been staring at it for at least five minutes and still keep finding something I missed the first time! What is the garland at the top of the door? The entire thing is breathtaking. I wish I lived there.

• says

Michele~ Thank you so much! You’ve made my day! =) The garland above the front door is made from stringing driftwood and seashells together. Hope you are having a great week…..

Trackbacks