Cottage Kitchen…..

Thank you all for your wonderful wishes and kind, sweet words yesterday…our anniversary.  We had a wonderful day!

We are not quite finished with the kitchen….the farmhouse sink is being put in THIS WEEK!  Woohoo! And we have some other ‘to-do’s’ in there.  Still looking for a fabulous light fixture. But here it is currently….links to a projects from this room that we’ve shared in the past are listed at the bottom of the post.

Our kitchen has always been a hard room to make work….it is so small. Our home is an authentic Acadian Cottage…..a French cottage. Kitchens were very small because shopping was done daily and Europeans are really good at making whatever they have work. :) Love that. But it has always been a frustration for us and for me, especially…because I love to cook. We are always trying to get creative to see how we can create more space in this room.

We are often asked where to find the vintage French cup/glass drying rack on our island.

You can find one HERE.

You can find several choices of different ones HERE.

Cottage in the Oaks Kitchen

Projects that have been shared from our cottage kitchen:

Distressed Faux Barn Wood Door

Antiqued Island

DIY Carrera Marble Painted Countertops

Still decking the halls around here……how about you?

Blessings~

If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)

You Might Also Like:

Comments

1. debfini says

Daune, what a beautiful space and sooo warm and cozy! Maybe you could find one of those “schoolhouse” lights for the kitchen. Just Google schoolhouse light….
    I also loved the pic with the hydrangea and the collection of bible versus’….I would love one of those, where did you get that? You prob made that? Do you still have the versus’s?

• debfini says

Thank you for that link…..I willl checking out in the morning! Thanks again and really what a lovely home you have.

2. must love junk says

Oh, I LOVE your kitchen! You want to see small-our kitchen is probably half the size of yours! You’ve really made great use of your space-very inviting! :)
    Susan

3. says

I absolutely love your kitchen! You have made such great use of your space, and it looks as efficient as a restaurant kitchen, but so homey and warm and cozy. I love all your signs, quotes, etc,. I am such of a fan of the written word, and yours are so well done. And those rice bowls are so pretty!!

4. Leslie Carlson says

Love your kitchen! I just received the latest issue of Romantic Homes featuring your beautiful blog. Where did you find the white coffee cups with numbers? I really think I need some:).

• says

Thank you, Leslie! It is such an honor to be included in one of my favorite magazines. =) I got the coffee cups at Anthropologie. {My happy place!} Have a great night…..

5. Shenara says

That’s a ‘small’ kitchen? To me, that is a medium to decent sized kitchen…. or perhaps it’s the camera lens… Gorgeous nonetheless, I love what you’ve done with it, you have great taste!

6. Lorraine says

Wow, I love your kitchen, I love your blog, I love your pinterest, I love your fonts, your etsy, your cottage, just your whole style!!!! It is all so beautiful and uplifting!!!!

• says

Thank you so very much, Lorraine! You’ve made my night! =) I hope your week is off to a great start…love having you here at the cottage! =) xoxoxoxo

Trackbacks